Nokia the leading Finland based mobile handset manufacturing company is organizing an Application Development Contest called “Make My App” for Pakistani Software Developers.
The contest is an excellent opportunity for the aspiring Pakistani software Developers whether individuals or companies. The Pkaistani Software industry that is rapidly towards the growth phase can showcase the quality of work done in Pakistan for provision of IT related services.
The contest is segregated into four categories for which App Developers are invited to submit their Apps to be Reviewed and the winners will be rewarded by monetary prize as well as other exciting benefits.
How to Participate – Nokia Make My App contest Pakistani Software Developers
There are four categories in which an App should fall. The four categories are
Fun & Games
If any software developer or company wants to participate in the contest they should have an App that should work on the Nokia Smart Phones.
To submit an App simply visit the following link
Once the website opens the user needs to click on the submit button at the top of right side of page body and follow the instructions.
The last date to submit Apps for review is 30 June 2011. The Judges will shortlisted qualifying entries and the shortlisted developers will be invited for a presentation and demonstration of their Apps functionality.
Prizes – Nokia Make My App Contest Pakistani Software Developers
The winning Apps will be uploaded to the Nokia Ovi Store for others to download.
The winner in each of the four categories will get Rs 400,000 PKR.
In addition, there are special prizes in the Think Green category:
The second prize winner in this category will get Rs 80,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
The third prize winner in this category will get Rs 50,000 PKR and a Nokia smartphone.
There’s also a surprise prize for a recycling app, or an app for environmental education.
JUDGING CRITERIA – Nokia Make My App Contest for Pakistani Software Developers
All eligible entries will be evaluated by the panel of judges based on the following criteria:
- Quality / Functionality: the application or service must be fully functional and run successfully on a Nokia device.
- Usability / Creativity: the application demonstrates superior user experience (UI, graphics, etc.) e.g. by leveraging the latest technologies.
- Uniqueness, novelty value and innovativeness: display creativity in applications, use established technology in a unique way, leverage the latest technologies, etc. In addition, the submitted app should not be available in Nokia’s Ovi Store before the start of the contest.
- Commercial viability / Market potential in Pakistan: ability to fulfill the users’ needs, customer adoption, local relevance in Pakistan.
- Nokia platform compatibility: cross-platform compatibility.
For more information the user’s can shoot an email towards